Abeja Eelectrica (trans. Electric Bee) is an agency that provides digital marketing services for small businesses and service providers.
What is digital marketing?
It is based on traditional marketing, of course. But while marketing uses media such as TV, radio, newspapers and magazines to promote a business, digital marketing uses digital media mounted on Internet technologies and interconnected devices, such as smartphones and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Communicate and selling
In its most essential form, the goal of marketing is to communicate and sell.
And to communicate and sell, digital marketing uses specific strategies:
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM).
- Pay-Per-Click Advertising (PPC).
- Social Network Marketing.
- Advertising on social networks.
- Content Marketing.
- Email Marketing.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Display Advertising.
Digital marketing helps us stay in touch with our customers and prospects, and attract new customers, where they are now:
- Searching the internet,
- when they visit other websites or blogs,
- on social networks,
- by email,
- while using applications on their cell phones,
- when using other smart devices.
Call to Action (CTA)
Any digital marketing strategy must include a call for action.
In other words, what do we expect the client to do when they come in contact with our content or advertising?
This can be, among others:
- Contact us, e.g. “Call now”.
- Give us your opinion, e.g. “fill out a survey”.
- To visit our shop or business, e.g. “Driving directions”.
Examples of more specific objectives for a digital marketing campaign are:
- Increase sales.
- Through paid advertising on search engines or social networks, web positioning, or content marketing.
- Increase business or brand recognition.
- Through social media marketing.
- Grow the email list of customers and prospects.
- by offering something of value in exchange for their email and their permission to receive future messages from us.
Unique Selling Proposition (USP)
Before starting any campaign, it is important that the business identifies its Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
By unique, we don’t mean that it’s just your only proposal, but that it’s unique in the sense that there’s no other like it.
In other words, what makes our sales proposal different from what the competition offers.
In other words, why should the customer buy our product or service, instead of the competitor’s? What are the major or different benefits of our solution? What is the added value?
Rosser Reeves, a television publicist, defines three things that a unique selling proposition should have:
- Each advertisement must make a proposal to the consumer. Each advertisement must say to each reader: “Buy this product, to obtain this specific benefit “.
- The proposal must be one that the competition cannot or will not offer.
- The proposal must be strong enough to move the masses. That is, attract new customers as well as potential customers.
Analysis of strengths and weaknesses
Another analysis exercise that is convenient to perform is SWOT -Strenghts, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats.
This analysis allows to identify the competitive advantages of the business, the areas of opportunity, and the direct and indirect threats.
Read more on Wikipedia.
Analysis of results
Key performance indicators
The Key Performance Indicators (KPI) help us measure the performance or compliance of factors identified as important for achieving a certain goal.
“You can’t manage what you can’t measure.”
For example, if our goal is to increase sales by an X percentage or units, a KPI could be “Make 20 calls a day”.
If at the end of the day we review the call log and see that we only did 5, we can realize that there is a problem and if we continue like this, we will not reach our sales target.
In general, indicators can be financial or non-financial (quality, number of actions, customer satisfaction).
Key performance indicators should be:
Read more on Wikipedia.
Let us help you
At Abeja Electrica we can help you design and implement a digital marketing campaign for your business, trade or service, no matter how small or if you are just getting started.